"The Big Mo"

We are scholars. We enjoy scholarly pursuits. At P.S. 163, we're bringing science back to the South Bronx.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Question: How'd You Like This Knowledge That I Brought?

PS163's Independent Woman (Part 1) answers your questions again. Remember: Science time is for science lessons. I will, however, answer all your personal questions here. All you have to do is read!

Who would win in a fight: Human Torch or the Silver Surfer? Wolverine or Spiderman?
Angel, Ms. D'Ascoli's class
I'll call in my brother as a guest blogger and have him get back to you on that.

Have you seen 300?
Jillianlee, Ms. D'Ascoli's class
No, but I've heard it's pretty amazing. Did you know it's based on an ancient Greek war? Read about the real "300," the Battle of Thermopylae, here at History for Kids. The real story is much grosser and scarier than any movie!

Are you a real scientist?
Jonathan, Ms. St. Marie's class
Yes.

Have you ever done a science experiment before?
Argenis, Ms. D'Ascoli's class
Yes. Many. But my best project was from 8th grade, when I tested different sunscreens on members of my family. We all have fair skin, so they all got bad arm burns. I just watched. And took pictures.

Have you won the Nobel Prize?
Neville, Ms. Arias' class
No. Oh, well. But Alfred Nobel invented dynamite... good times.

What's Yale?
various students
Yale is a college in Connecticut. At Yale I studied history after I graduated from a science high school in Virginia. As a wise man once said, "Yale is at once a tradition, a company of scholars, a society of friends.

You a drama teacher or somethin'?
Jerry, Ms. Arias' class
No, but I played the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz, my 4th grade class play.

You Irish?
Jose, Ms. Arias' class
I'm 15/16 Irish. Can you draw that fraction?

Image courtesy "Making Science Make Sense"

Labels: , ,