"The Big Mo"

We are scholars. We enjoy scholarly pursuits. At P.S. 163, we're bringing science back to the South Bronx.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's Not Unusual

It's not unusual to read a terrible science rap on here.


Now this is a story all about me
And how my environmental awareness came to be
So I'd like to take a minute... just stay with me
So I can tell you how I recycled at 163

Near East Tremont/180th born and raised
On the playground is where I spend my spring school days
Talking with friends and relaxing (within rules)
We drink fruit punch outside before after school
When Ms. Miller comes up... I think she means good...
She starts making us trouble about our snack food
Our containers on the street top make her real mad
She says, "You need always to recycle bottles and cans!"

I ask glass or plastic and her look gets weird
Ms. Miller says "use plastic"—no glass allowed here!
If anything at least her advice is free
So I might as well recycle and save work, and trees

I walk up to a green bin 'round two-thirty
And I say to my classmates, "Please come join me"
How clean it would make our community
To dispose of all refuse at 163!


Best of The Fresh Prince (YouTube):
The Carlton Dance
Jazz Gets Thrown Out
"Jump On It" (Apache Dance)

Labels: ,